You are planning to pop the big, life-changing question not just because it is the wedding season here in Singapore but because you just feel it is the right thing to do. But the thing is, you are uncertain if it is indeed the right time. Asking someone to share your life together is easy but what will happen after it? With this, it is important that you carefully think about things in the future because it can save your marriage in the long run.
If you want a healthy marriage, it is crucial that you are prepared. Do not act on impulse because most marriages collapse because of this. You do not want your marriage to collapse of course. Here are some things that you need to know to determine if it is the right time to settle down:
- Financial stability: Money is not everything but it can make a difference at the end of the day When you ask the question, your partner should have no doubts whether you can afford it or not. You have to show to your partner that you can support her and eventually the family that you will build together. Wedding is another thing. The truth is that wedding expenses can burn a hole in your pocket.
- You cannot imagine your future without her: Commitment is not just a word but an act for which the couple have to stay true until the end of time. When you openly talk about future together and you feel happy instead of that giddy feeling, you are definitely ready to pop the question.
- Learning to compromise: It is not always rainbows and butterflies but if you compromise, it can lead to good future together. Compromise is the key and if you feel that you can lower your pride and accept the flaws of each other without judging, then that is a sign that you are both ready to undertake a new journey in your life.
- You are happy alone but happier with her: Your happiness should not be dependent on someone. That is the first lesson you have to learn in this world. Sure, you enjoy your time doing things alone. You can even do it without the help of others but when you feel happier with her on your side, you can do great things.
- Mutual support: Support is also another important key in every relationship. Things may fail but your partner is constantly there to support you no matter the odds. If your partner is constantly there to push you up, you should never let her go.